Monday 2 May 2011

Ding Dong The Witch Is Dead.

Or is he?

Let me just say that I am not out to offend anyone with what I'm about to write, this is just my opinion.

There are two arguments I'd like to put forward, the first being is Osama Bin Laden really dead? How do we know? We were not there and haven't seen any proof, as yet. It all seems a bit strange to me. They say they gave him the opportunity to surrender, then shot him. How many were there against him, couldn't they possibly overpower him? To me if he really is dead and the way he has been disposed of (the term the Americans used) not only is suspicious but results in a very hollow victory for the victims of 9/11 and 7/7 and their families. They may be cock-a-hoop at the moment but when the euphoria dies down the doubts will set in and drive them crazy. How much better would it have been to capture him and put him on trial as they did with Sadam Hussain. We all know he would have died in the end, it was inevitable, but how much more satisfactory for those grieving to SEE justice done rather than hear about it happening. To be frank dumping him at sea just leaves a bad taste in the mouth and skeptical mind wondering.

The second point I'd like to make is if he really is dead and his followers believe this we should be scared, very scared indeed.  If anyone thinks that killing Bin Laden means everything is over think again. We are going to see a backlash of unimaginable proportions. Nowhere is going to be safe if you are American or British or have connections to either country. Personally I think the way this has been done has just set the match to the tinder box and over the coming months we will find out just how nasty things can turn. What has been done had to be done but it is the way it was done that needs to be questioned.

OK enough with the serious stuff.

Still debating whether I am ill enough to warrant not going in tomorrow.  I feel OK when sitting watching TV or using the computer but if I try anything beyond a short, gentle stroll I become breathless and get chest pain. I know some are reading this and thinking WTF, stay at home you daft woman. I would be one of them if I were reading this as a stranger but you don't know what it is like at the moment. We are so short staffed, a situation made worse by one of our number leaving last week and not being replaced, that I feel so guilty if I take anytime off at all. And lets face it, I have had a lot of time off over the last year. It worries me what they think. Do they think, Hazel's off AGAIN, what is it this time? Or do they realise that I really cannot help it and that things can only get worse as this is a progressive illness. Having said all that my supervisors have all told me that they really understand and knew what they were letting themselves in for when they took me on and if I have to take time off, then I have to take time off. It is hard when you've been used to crawling in feeling like death warmed up to find you suddenly cannot do that anymore. A simple cold turns into something serious 90% of the time. While a chest infection can become something far more dangerous in a very short time. A least I suppose I do have a real reason for being off but it doesn't make me feel any better. Oh what to do?

Ventured out this afternoon to a nearby garden centre where we bought Clematis (pink) and a couple of tomato plants. Had to sit and watch Andrew and Peter plant them for me, which sort of takes some of the pleasure out of gardening. The wind has turned very chill and the clouds are increasing. I'm secretly hoping for rain, if not Andrew will be out with the hose tonight making sure my herbs don't keel over.


2 comments:

  1. My first priority would not be going to work. It would be contacting my PH centre about the increased fluid retention. It may be that you need more time with your feet up and an increased dose of diuretics. Hope everything turns out better for you this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I've contacted them now just waiting for the call back. Will probably be back in London very soon for treatment (I hope).

    ReplyDelete