Saturday 16 July 2011

Love Cats

Well I finally have to admit it, my beloved Tarmac is as thick as a brick.

Enjoying breakfast in bed and a read of the papers when I was joined by my beautiful black and white cat. Unable to decide where to settle he sauntered down to the end of the bed and suddenly caught sight of himself in the large mirror Peter fitted over the dressing table while I was in hospital. He frozen and stared then got down off the bed and leapt onto the dressing table.He went mad trying to get at the 'other' cat, pawing at the mirror (got to clean it again now) trying to look around the sides and generally misbehaving himself. After ten minutes he obviously decided that if he couldn't get at the 'other' cat then it couldn't get at him and sauntered off.

Read about the winners of the £161 million lottery. They look and sound like a really nice couple. It is good to see the money going to someone who sound like they will put it to good use. Good luck to them I hope it brings them happiness. I have often wondered what I would do if I won the lottery, not likely as I rarely enter but you never know. I've always said that apart from the obvious of paying off the mortgage and seeing the boys are OK I would carry on as normal but is that really possible? No matter how careful you would be someone would find out. And then what? Move to somewhere where you are not known, lock yourself away in a mansion, hide behind security gates and bouncers? Not sure if that is the life I'd want. I've also always said I would continue working as I wouldn't know what to do with myself. This idea has radically changed in recent months and I think work would be the first thing to go. Why deny someone else a job when you don't need one? And what is the point of having money if you don't use it. So traveling would definitely be on the agenda. And to keep myself busy, well there are plenty of causes and charities needing people. After all is said and done and having thought it over carefully I'd rather be 'comfortably off' than 'stinking rich'.

Was actually looking forward to a potter around my herb garden this morning as a few weeds have appeared but the weather had other ideas, again. I cannot believe this is July! Driving to work some of the small country roads I use were almost impassable with huge pools of water crossing most of the road. I made it in only to find everyone had, had a similar experience. Roll on August, that's usually a nice month, isn't it?

In contrast the sun was out by the time I got home and it was lovely, warm and dry in my herb garden. Pity I was too tired to do anything.



Laurence admitted to being so excited about putting his offer in that he couldn't sleep and was awake until three this morning. I do hope he isn't disappointed and they reject again. It won't be the end of the world as he still has choices two and three as options but when you've set your heart on something it is difficult to settle for second best.

Andrew is still suffering with his tummy, he's miserable but who wouldn't be, hope he feels better soon.

Looking forward to the last day at work tomorrow and then four days off to gather myself together and rest. Everything is going OK so far, I am pleased at how well I've slotted back in, even if I am a little slow. Fingers crossed it will continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment