Saturday 26 November 2011

Angry!

Well blow me down, Screaming Sinitta got the boot. Totally unexpected but the public are a fickle lot. I suspect they knew that now the camp mates can chose who does the trials there is no way in hell she'd ever be chosen again. What got me is the way she said she didn't consider herself to be a screamer. She looked totally shocked at her own antics. Self delusion is a wonderful thing.

The saddest piece of news today, and one that makes me so angry I could hit someone, was that of Nellie Geraghty aged 79 who was murdered for her handbag containing her husband's ashes. Police say that she put up one hell of a struggle as evidenced by the strap she was still clutching when she was found. According to her family she had carried those ashes around for seventeen years, that's love and devotion for you, and they were so precious to her she gave up her life rather than hand them over to the teenage scum that killed her. No doubt her precious ashes have been scattered to the wind as the thugs sorted through her bag looking for money. They are probably so brain dead that they cannot even begin to comprehend what it is they have done. Two boys aged fourteen and seventeen have been caught but so far are only being held on suspicion of robbery. Of course the police have to ensure the have the right people but when they are sure I hope these thugs are charged with murder and are locked away for a very, very long time. Even if found guilty they won't be locked away for any length of time of course, the fourteen year old will be protected by his age, given a slap on the wrist and put on some sort of probation for a couple of years. The elder one might spend some time in a youth offenders institution where he will be educated in all manner of wrong doing, between trips to the seaside, and will be released a far more dangerous person than when he went in. Both will be described as coming from broken homes and having dysfunctional families. Well excuse me but how long can that go on being an excuse for criminal behaviour? I know many people from 'broken homes', I know some with pretty dysfunctional families but none of these people have ever felt the need to take drugs, rob, rape or murder. Part of the problem is the stupid human rights act which seems to put the rights of the criminal over that of the victim. We need to ditch this act which is hamstringing our judicial system. It is about time thugs like this took responsibility for their actions and were made to face proper consequences and it's about time the courts started handing out proper punishments. Rant over, for now.

I seem to be beating my chest infection and actually feel pretty good. I have a slight cough and breathing is harder than it could be but all in all this time it hasn't really slowed me down. I'm hoping that things continue to improve over the next few days.

Andrew finally submitted his UCAS form today to apply for his place in university. That is the first step out of the way now all he can do is wait.

Today has felt like a Sunday for some odd reason and I keep looking out of the window expecting Laurence to return from work. This is the first day I've really missed him and I think it is because I haven't had anything to occupy my mind. I'm sure I'll be having quite a few days like this over the coming months, Christmas is going to be the hardest as even when he has worked I've seen him. It's going to be very strange.

It's work tomorrow and then home in time to watch the last Grand Prix of the season. Hope it is going to be more exciting than some of the other races.


No comments:

Post a Comment