Monday 12 December 2011

Stressed!

Rang my supplier this morning and found to my horror that the gloves were not sent out on Friday as had been promised. They were still sitting in the warehouse and they would get them to me 'in a day or two'. After a brief discussion where the words 'if I get an infection because I've had to prepared and administer my drug with bare hands guess who I'll be suing' were used, I've been told to expect deliver sometime after three this afternoon. Whether they turn up is anyone's guess but they really won't want me to phone them again tomorrow.

Witnessed the chav across the street reverse into a wheelie bin this morning, knocking it over and spreading it's contents along the street. Did he stop to clear up the mess? Well at first I thought he was as he turned around and drove back to the spot, however he just looked at his handy work before speeding off mobile firmly clamped to his ear. Little git!

Had my eyes tested today at Costco and nearly fainted when the assistant told me the cost would be £299.99. For a pair of glasses! You have got to be joking! As they were advertising glasses from £99 I was at a loss as to why mine would cost so much. I was told that it was a very good price and they would cost me £600 anywhere else, yes but why? Apparently my prescription with the type of glass they use pushes the price up. So give me a different type of glass was my response. They only do one type was their reply while emphasising what a good deal it was. So I've come away without my glasses but with my prescription which I'm going to take to Specsavers to see what price they come up with. If Costco is the cheapest, which I very much doubt, then I will have to swallow the cost but it will have to wait until after Christmas, way after.

So the Strictly final will be between Jason, Harry and Chelsee, just as I'd hoped. I really want Jason to win as I think it would mean more to him than the other two and he seems to have worked harder for it. I suspect though that the winner will be Harry as he has been the favourite all along despite not yet scoring a perfect forty.

The X Factor has finally limped to close and was won by the girl group, the first time a group has won since the show started. Despite all the hype the show still came in second in the ratings to Strictly and I suspect all involved have breathed a huge sigh of relief that it is all over. Will the X Factor run again next year? They say it will but they are going to have to do something pretty drastic to stop it sinking even further in the ratings. Even if Simon Cowell does return as a judge, as is rumoured, he is going to have his work cut out and then some.

Another of my favourite show ends tonight, The Young Apprentice on BBC1. Although I haven't warmed to any of the candidates, and my most disliked are in the final two, the series has been hugely entertaining. I don't care who actually wins but will be watching as the last episode is when they bring back all the sacked candidates to help. Well I say help, what I really mean is hinder and the bitching that goes on tends to make it very watchable.

All these reality/talent shows ending means Christmas really is just around the corner now and I've still got so much to do. I haven't even sent my Christmas cards out yet. I'm going to have to get a move on.

My gloves arrived not long after three so I can now breath a sigh of relief and relax. Back to work tomorrow, can't remember when I last had such a stressful weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment