Tuesday 24 January 2012

Sun, Sun, Sun, Here It Comes

I am feeling miserable. Kept waking myself up in the night coughing, which has left me feeling tired and irritable. As usual I expected too much and hoped for a slight improvement today but if anything I feel worse. I have only had a full day of antibiotics so I don't know why I'm feeling so aggrieved, the sensible me knows it takes at least three days for any improvement to show. I'm just so annoyed that it has happened this week when I'm supposed to be going to Harefield on Friday. I keep telling myself that as long as I'm back on my feet by then that is all that matters. Unfortunately the impatient me is not taking any notice and still wants instant results.

To add to my worries I'm off my food. This is a big blow when I've only just managed to put on weight again. I am forcing myself to have milky drinks and defrosted some home made soup but I only managed half of it before feeling full. I weighed myself this morning and I haven't lost anything yet but I will be keeping a close eye on things.

I don't know what is wrong with my two cats. They have been chasing and fighting each other all day and it is now beginning to get on my nerves. They don't really get on but tend to leave each other alone for the most part. Sometimes they tolerate each other enough to share the same bed on a cold day, albeit at opposite ends and corners. Now they have descended into open warfare and for two elderly gentlemen to be throwing each other around it is a little worrying. Whatever it is I hope they get over it soon before they manage to injury each other as a trip to the vet is just what I don't need right now.

I got the dates of Andrew's exams wrong and was mighty surprised when he announced that he would be late home because of his Physics exam. He seems pretty confident, I hope it goes as well as he felt the Psychology exam went last week.

When Andrew arrived home this afternoon he had a big grin on his face, once again he got all the questions he was hoping for. I really hope he's done as well as he thinks he has. Last one, Biology, tomorrow then he can relax for a while before gearing up to do it all again in June.

In the news reports that a 'massive' solar storm is heading our way after the biggest eruption on the Sun for six years. Apparently we can expect disruption to communications, as some satellites will be effected, and power outages. GPS systems could also be unreliable during this period. My question is will we notice the difference? My phone loses signal if I happen to sneeze and places like John Lewis in Milton Keynes have always been a black out zone. And we've all read the stories about stupid drivers who have let their satnavs lead them into rivers, fields and down narrow lanes. The best thing about this event is that more of us will get to see the Northern Lights or Aurora Borealis. They have already been seen as far south as Northumberland and could move even further south over the next couple of nights. I doubt very much they will reach Bedfordshire, which is a pity as I'd like to have seen them.

Peter has discovered that we are about to have a crisis, we are down to our last bottle of lemonade. Oh the horror! We both enjoy drinking orange juice and lemonade and have at least two glasses each during the course of the day and as I've been told to keep my fluids up I've been drinking more resulting in the shortage. As I'm not well he is going to have to face the scrum in Tesco on his own tomorrow which he hates. Though who knows, I might feel up to a trip out in the wheelchair. We'll just have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment