Tuesday 26 June 2012

Crashing Out

Well the four days at work went really quickly and I coped with my first nine hour day in over a year very well, so well I'm trying two next week. I wasn't helped by Andrew though who went to a party on Friday night, returned home forgetting his key and got us out of bed at twenty past five on Saturday morning. Was I impressed? What do you think? Aside from that, and the residue of my cold I felt a lot less tired than before my holiday so obviously the break has done some real good.

It has been a bad weekend for British sportsmen with England crashing out of the Euro and Hamilton crashing out of the Grand Prix. To be fair Hamilton's crash wasn't his fault and the offending driver, Maldinardo, was duly punished but that was not much comfort to Hamilton who has lost the top spot in the drivers championship to Alonso. However we are less than halfway through the season so there is still all to play for.

England lost on penalties, again! I don't watch football but working in a town with a very large Italian population it was difficult to ignore this particular match. Afterwards the disappointed English fans turned on the celebrating Italian fans and there were some nasty clashes. I can't help feeling that if it had been the other way around the Italian fans would have accepted defeat more graciously and quietly gone home. And to be honest the anger should be directed at the over paid numpties on the field, their the ones that couldn't kick a ball straight.

This morning we went out shopping early so I could be back in time to watch another great English hope crash out of a major tournament. Yes it is Wimbledon fortnight and what is it doing, raining. At the time of typing Nadal has only just arrived back on court after yet another rain break. As center court now has a roof I really don't understand why we are still getting rain stops. So I'm waiting for Andy Murray to step onto center court and lose. He already has his excuses lined up, a back back apparently, so I'm not expecting much, which is probably a good thing.  It seems the organisers cannot decide whether to put the roof up or not, from a tennis fan point of view just put the thing up and get on with it otherwise we might still be watching in August.

My blue badge arrived in the post today, with an apology. It seems going to complain in person and not over a phone had a positive effect and the 'five days to process' rule was magically reduce to two days. I don't care, my new badge is here one day before my old badge expires. Close but thankfully in time.

Regular readers of this blog will know that Thursday is an important day for me. It is the day I find out whether I'm back on the transplant list. I've managed not to think of it over my days in work, the benefits of being rushed off your feet, but the thought hit me like a train this morning. Call me fickle but I now don't want to know. If I don't know there is still hope. I'm swinging between being positive that it will be a 'yes' to sheer panic that they will say no. The worst scenario for me would be to be told they need more tests, they can't do that to me can they? Watch this space!


No comments:

Post a Comment