Monday 12 November 2012

A Little Me Time

I almost decided not to post a blog today, mainly because I'm quite tired. It has been a really hectic week, I still can't get my head around the fact that this time last week I was sitting at my desk at work blissfully unaware that my whole life was about to be turned upside down. The two day shopathon didn't help either so all in all I'm feeling a bit drained. It's not just physically tired either, I think I've experienced every possibly emotion on the planet over the last seven days. So today I'm going to go for a little 'me' time and relax in front of the TV.

Talking of Which

Strictly Watch

Oh my goodness me I really didn't see that one coming at all. What on earth was Kimberley doing in the bottom two? She dances like a dream! As for Fern, well she didn't make that big an impression on me this week it has to be said, but she was far from the worst and yet she's gone. Wow! I was pleased to see Richard's reaction to being saved. It was genuine, unadulterated delight, brilliant!


Is it just me or does Craig have something against Louis. It never really occurred until yesterday but I can't think why he keeps giving such wonderful dances such low score and yet praises mediocre Denise to the skies. It just doesn't make sense.

I'm A Celebrity Watch

I seriously debated whether to watch this series, OK I admit it, for all of two seconds, but was so glad I tuned in last night. The sight of Ant and Dec talking directly to the Prime Minister and urging him to vote for the bush tucker trials was hilarious. I loved, loved, loved it. The subject of all the fuss ( Nadine Dorris) has so far proved to be a bit bossy to be honest. As predicted she has been chosen for the trial tonight and probably will be for every trial for the next three weeks.


Helen Flanagan is the early runner for wimp of the series though she has some serious competition in  Hugo Taylor who burst into tears at the stress of it all on the first night. 'I'm tired, hungry, cold and feeling slightly dizzy', he wailed. I have already developed a soft spot for Colin Baker who made no bones about the reason he went in, to loose weight, and I quite like David Haye and Charlie Brookes who both come across as really nice, balanced people. Roll on tonight's episode.

My increased eating plan nearly hit a snag yesterday when I had to dive for the lollipops after lunch. To my utter surprise they did seem to work but I was unable to eat much for the rest of the day and concentrated on downing Complan and hot chocolates instead. My new diet might also hit the buffers tomorrow as I'm back in work and not sure how I'm going to fit everything in. I'm doing a packed lunch, complete with lollies, and will buy some crisps or chocolate bars to snack on. It's tough but someone's got to do it.

We drove back to university with Andrew last night as he couldn't pack everything he'd bought into his ruck sack. I must admit when he picked up twelve tins of tomatoes I did wonder how he intended to transport them, now I know. There was more trouble on the motorway but for once it worked in our favour and we returned on a totally empty road as the accident had happened at the junction before the one we joined on. Swings and roundabout I suppose.

So next blog on Saturday, unless the medical profession has any other surprises for me, when I will be another week nearer being well again.

No comments:

Post a Comment