Thursday 29 November 2012

Under The Weather

I'm thinking that feeling extremely cold yesterday was more down to me brewing something than the actual weather.

Despite having the heating on full blast and wrapping myself up in my thick winter dressing gown I shivered right through to bed time where I wore pj's, dressing gown and duvet and STILL couldn't get warm. By 0200 I was on my knees in the bathroom, still shivering, being sick. Despite all this, idiot here got up at 0630 and had a shower with the full intention of going to work, oh yes I really can be that stupid. However breakfast stayed down all of three seconds and I was soon back under the covers shivering as though I was in the Arctic. I gave in and rang work to say I wouldn't be there then went back to bed and fell asleep.

I woke up around ten feeling groggy and guilty but then I remembered that everyone at work has been telling me for weeks that my health is now the top priority and not to push myself. So why feel guilty about doing just that? I also remember being told by Papworth that I must keep myself as well as possible for transplant so I'm focusing on that and am working on getting this latest bug out of my system as quickly as possible.

So it's another day on the settee, with duvet, drinking loads of hot honey and lemon, tea and if I think I can keep it down, soup. I am disappointed at myself though, a) for getting another bug so soon after recovering from the last one and b) because my weight gain programme has hit the skids. Hopefully I won't lose anything, I just won't put anything on.

I need to go back to bed so can't write anything more. hopefully tomorrow will be better.

1 comment: