Saturday 1 December 2012

Flu 2

Well it seems that having the flu jab doesn't mean you won't get the flu.

Apparently I've been really lucky having escaped for so long, according to my doc, as nearly a quarter of flu jabs fail. I didn't know this but it is a fact that some people just resist them and you cannot tell who, which is why ill people who have had the jab are still advised to take extra precautions to avoid infection. On the plus side sometimes it doesn't take properly and you still get a mild version of flu but this will make you totally immune once you've had it. So I guess from that I'm meant to consider myself lucky.

I do feel better today, my temperature has returned to normal so I don't need to drag my duvet around everywhere with me. I also had an uninterrupted night so that helped too. I still ache and still have a niggling headache but I think I'm on the road to recovery now, at least I hope so. The advice was paracetamol, lots of fluids and rest and DO NOT go anywhere until you feel 100%. Looking outside I don't think I'm going to have any trouble with that.

I still have the antibiotics on standby but at the moment they don't look as though they are going to be needed.

I was delighted when Andrew arrived yesterday afternoon bringing a big bar of chocolate. He had heard I was unwell and as he has the weekend off came to see how I was. I spent yesterday afternoon listening to all his stories. He hasn't had a birth, death or RTC yet but he has had three psychiatric cases and buckets of sick. Rather him than me.

I'm A Celebrity Watch

I do hope Charlie wins, I like Ashley but would prefer Charlie.

No comments:

Post a Comment