Monday 10 December 2012

Ugh!

You know you are in the poo when you can't get out of bed.

Such was my fate yesterday. I felt so poorly I didn't even feel up to writing my blog, and you know I must be really bad if I can't even manage that.

I started off really well on Friday, despite being a bit sore from the op and still having a cough I felt great so went to work and sailed through eight and a half hours without blinking an eye. I was uncharacteristically grumpy though and found myself snapping at colleagues for no reason.

Saturday my cough had worsen but I still felt well and spent another full day in work and even managed to wolf down a fried breakfast. However that night sitting on the settee watching Strictly my nose and cheekbones became hotter and hotter and I felt bunged up and started sneezing. By the time I went to bed I was wreck and could hardly breathe. Waking up at six for work I just knew I wasn't going to make it, I was streaming and coughing up all sorts of gunk. So I wrapped myself up cracked open my emergency supply of antibiotics and stayed where I was. When I eventually woke up it was gone ten and I was hideously late with all my meds. Peter supplied several cups of tea while I did the necessary and then it was back to sleep and so it went on all day. I'd wake up with a raging thirst, down as much liquid as I could stand and fall back to sleep exhausted.

Of course the result of all this was by 0200 this morning I was wide awake and playing Angry Birds while Peter slept beside me. I did think of getting up and going downstairs but didn't trust myself to be able to get back up again.

This morning I feel rather better but still sound like a sixty per day smoker and have lost all sense of taste and smell. I phoned the doctor but he told me not to try to get out to see him, I must have sounded bad, but as I have started on antibiotics he has made an appointment for me on Wednesday to check on progress as he reckons the antibiotics should have kicked in by then and if they haven't he'll give me something else.

So where did this come from? Well it wasn't work, I wasn't there long enough, so there are only two possibilities. Either Peter's bug was different from mine and rather than me giving it to him, he has passed it on to me, or I picked it up at the hospital, take your pick.

Talking of hospital's my boob is now an attractive shade of purple while my nipple has turned green. One of the problems of doing the op as an emergency is I didn't have time to stop my warfarin and this is the colourful result. However, apart from the odd twinge, everything seems to healing well. I do hope that everything is fine at the check up on Friday, if I get there, and I can put one more hurdle to bed.

On the subject of transplants I am very pleased to report that Sita is improving fast, she still has a long way to go but at least she is on the right path now.

Well if I can stagger downstairs I'm off to watch the Strictly results show, yes I really was so bad I missed it, then it is more tea and hopefully a good film, if I can stay awake that is.


No comments:

Post a Comment