Friday 22 March 2013

Introducing My Lovely Little Italian.

Well here it is in all it's glory, my new little red Mito.

I have to say it is lovely to drive and when you pop it into sports mode it goes like stink, even though it is a 1.4 engine. There are a couple of niggles, I have yet to work out how to use the cruise control and I panicked when the engine shut itself off at some traffic lights. However this is a fuel saving device and the engine restarts when you press the throttle, a bit weird but I'm sure I will get used to it in time. The feature I love the most is being able to connect your phone to your radio and so take calls without having to stop somewhere to do so. I haven't worked out how to make calls yet but again that will come. At least my reading material is sorted for the weekend, I've got loads of paperwork and a manual to get through.

So now we have three Alfa Romeo's sitting outside our house and it is a bit cramped, however next week Peter is making a start on doing up the 156 and hopefully it will be up for sale by the end of April, so if anyone knows someone who would like an Alfa Romeo, 156 2L twin spark in silver 05 reg, one careful lady owner, please drop me a line.

I was so excited that for once I let Peter put me in front of the camera and take a picture of me with my new toy. Unfortunately it was so cold and I was shivering so much I look like I desperately need to wee so we are going to try again over the weekend and this time I'm going to be wearing my thermals.

My cold is definitely getting worse and I've started to cough up gunk so I'm starting on the antibiotics this afternoon in the hope that come Monday they will have kicked in and I won't have to take any time off. Apart from one day in February I haven't had any sick leave since before Christmas and I would rather not have to take any now. Usually if I can hit any infection with antibiotics the minute it shows I can get away with feeling a little under the weather for a couple of days, I'm hoping this will be the case this time around.

I could not believe I was waking up to snow again this morning, it is nearly April for heavens sake.  This time last year we were having our summer and I was sitting in the garden in a tee shirt complaining I was too hot. I haven't even seen any cherry blossom yet and my forsythia remains stubbornly brown. It has plenty of buds but they are just refusing to open. Even the daffs haven't flowered yet. Because it is so much like winter the fact that Easter is next week had completely passed me by, until yesterday. Talk about going into panic mode. To be honest since the kids have grown up we don't tend to make too big a deal about it but I still like to do a special lunch on Sunday if I can. I don't even know if both of the kids can make it this year. I'm pretty sure Andrew will be free but I have a nasty feeling Laurence might be working. If so I will put if off a week and at least then I'll have more planning time.

Well it has been a really busy day so I'm off for a sit down with a Cadbury's Creme Egg.

No comments:

Post a Comment