Wednesday 6 March 2013

We're Having A Heat Wave.

Well it's not perfect but we now have heat in all radiators, though the temperature varies.

The good news is that all the important radiators are hot so I no longer freeze when watching TV or taking a shower. A big, big improvement. Hopefully everything will be working properly come the weekend, fingers crossed.

Work has been busy as worryingly lots of people are off due to colds and chest infections. Even more worrying is the fact that there are a lot of people in work with cold symptoms too. So I'm scrubbing my desk down in the morning and using liberal amounts of alcohol gel on my hands. So far, so good but I have my antibiotics on standby just in case.

I had an interesting letter through the post from Papworth today.

It asked me to read the information given very carefully and then sign a consent form. They were asking whether I would be happy to accept lungs from a person over sixty, or a smoker, or someone who had died of a brain tumour, who was an IV drug users etc, etc, basically high risk groups. Accepting lungs from these groups would increase my chances of getting a transplant greatly but there are very, very small risks associated. I read the letter through and decided that the risk of dying without a transplant far outweighed the risk of getting cancer, HIV or anything else from a donor. To be frank I don't think I have much choice and anything that increases my chances must be a good thing. So I've ticked yes to everything and managed to catch the evening post collection. I hope I won't have to accept an organ from one of these groups but at the end of the day any lungs will do.

I had confirmation yesterday that I have been accepted onto the motability scheme and so my car should be ready for me on or around 20th March. I have to admit I'm getting excited now

Talking of cars, I seem determined to write my present one off. Yesterday I was driving around a corner on a country road at my usual pace, i.e. fast, when I was confronted by a Pheasant walking down the middle of the road. The bird noticed me at about the same time as I saw it and came to the same conclusion, I'd never stop in time. It started to run while I swerved in the opposite direction. I missed it by a hare's breathe, I swear I heard the tail feathers sweep along the side of the car. Looking in the rear view mirror I saw the bird standing by the side of the road looking very confused but thankfully unharmed.

This morning same stretch of road and possibly the same bird but I was ready for him this time and slowed right down while he sauntered into the hedge. All I can say is thank goodness I have good brakes. I can't wait to see what he's going to do tomorrow.

Well time to eat and relax before my last day tomorrow. Next blog Friday.




No comments:

Post a Comment