Wednesday 9 October 2013

Hope and Frustration

I know I said I would not be blogging until Sunday but something happened last night that I need to share and as I have an hour or so before I leave I thought I'd let rip.

I woke this morning to find I had a text message on my phone. Because my text alerts are set at a quieter volume than my ring tone, I have to leave my phone on at night and don't want to be woken up by someone trying to sell me insurance, I hadn't heard it come through.

The message was my friend Stacie and at first I dreaded opening it thinking something dreadful had happened to Kath. However the message was to say Stacie had had her call and was on her way to Papworth. The text had come through at 01.15 and I delightedly sent back a message of support and pleasure at the news.


However my delight was short lived. After turning on my computer to check for any further news I found that it had been a false alarm. Stacie had a false alarm a couple of months ago and arrived at Papworth to be told the lungs were not good enough. This time is was the heart letting her down. I cannot imagine how upset she must be feeling, how cruel life on the list can be.

On the other side of the coin good news came through from Kath yesterday evening. Kath is standing up! Ten days after her op they have got her on her feet and most of the tubes have now gone. With a bit of luck she will be moved to the normal ward later today and will be well on the road home.

Well that's it from me. Until the weekend, or I get a quiet moment with a wifi connection.

No comments:

Post a Comment