Thursday 27 March 2014

Better!

I woke up this morning feeling normal at last. There was no lurch of the stomach. No fear of taking a sip of tea and no need to perform the three second mile (or equivalent) into the bathroom. Internal peace has been restored.

Yesterday I trod very carefully and sipped on every flavour of Complan there is, except chicken,  I cannot get my head around a savoury milkshake. With each glass my stomach's reaction lessened until at six I felt confident enough to take my evening meds. I spaced them out over an hour with copious amounts of Complan in between and they all stayed put. This morning I had yet more toast and some tea and took my morning meds in the same way and yes they have all stayed put too.

Now that I'm feeling more myself the two days with nothing but Flolan doesn't seem to have had too much of an ill effect. That will be confirmed or not when I attend the Brompton tomorrow. I'm a little bit more breathless, I have no doubt that my warfarin levels are non existent and my ankles are huge, though the diuretics I took this morning are beginning to help with that. Of course I have no way of knowing what is actually going on inside but I drank enough Complan yesterday to get 100% of my RDA of Iron, Pottasium and Magnesium and those are the ones people with PH really have to watch out for.

Today I feel up to normal food, in fact I have a real craving for chips, which of course would be a big mistake this early on. So I'm going to settle for something a lot less greasy. I haven't quite decided what yet but a small portion of pasta with a simple tomato sauce sounds promising. I certainly cannot face meat or anything heavy at the moment. And I don't want anything milky either, I'm getting enough milk with the Complan. At least my bones will be in good shape with all the Calcium I'm consuming.

All that's left to do is say thank you to everyone who has wished me well and helped keep my mood up over the last few days. This illness would be so much harder to cope with without you all.

I will let you know how I get on at the hospital tomorrow.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment