Sunday 17 August 2014

Some Guys Have All the Luck

Well he drove , he parked and he didn't crash so driving into work was a complete success. He also saved a life yesterday so it was a very, very good day.

Andrew is working with his private company this weekend providing medical cover for a medieval festival in Ruislip. He is already extolling the virtues of travelling in a car over a motorbike. Arriving home warm and dry being one of them. Although he does have very effective, and very waterproof, biker gear he still gets very cold and of course there is always that gap between helmet and jacket where the rain can get in. I think we may be seeing the end of the biking era, at least for the winter months.

He was so proud of his parking he sent me a picture of it. I got another one today, I think I might be getting a few until the novelty wears off. He also sent me a picture of himself with his new best friend Daisy the Eagle Owl.  It seems work isn't all work at these events. He's also getting fed later with some real medieval food. I suspect I'll be getting a picture of that too.

I finally gave in and bought myself a tablet. I decided on the Tesco Hudl for several reasons.

First it was cheap and so if it got lost or stolen while in hospital or holiday I'm not going to be too cross about it. Secondly I can use it as a kindle. Yes I know I love reading proper books but it is not always practical. I spend a great deal of my time sitting around in waiting rooms. A book is bulky, gets dirty rattling around in the back of the car and, because it doesn't fit into my handbag, often gets left behind. This does fit into my handbag and can have more than one book on it. In fact I can take my whole library with me if I wanted too. Thirdly I can download programmes onto the bbc iplayer, so I never have to miss anything, and of course I can play games. So all in all it does everything I need it to do. I've resisted this for a long time but I can see the practicalities of having one, especially as I'm planning to do an awful lot of travelling when I'm better. It even has skype so I can keep in touch with everyone. Once I've got used to it I'll move on to a better make and model but this is great for a beginner.

I had a fairly busy day yesterday. I did make cake and I did all the ironing AND I cooked meals for next week. So today it is my 'do nothing' day. I plan to slob in front of the TV for most of it, eating cake of course, and spend the rest of the time getting to grips with my new toy. I might, just might go out into the garden and take a closer look at the blackberry's. They have started to turn an nice red and I don't want to miss them as they just turn black. I don't like them when they become soft and squidgy, and of course the longer they are on the bush, the more chance of nature getting to them.

I've been researching recipes for both jams and chutneys and really can't wait to get started. I just hope these recipes turn out to be as delicious as they sound. And I hope I don't muck it all up because it could be an expensive mess. Still, I have way to go yet, a handful of berries is not going to cut it so I reckon it's going to be at least a week or more before I can start picking. I'll have to pick and freeze until I've got enough because I can guarantee that they will ripen a few at a time just to annoy me.

I might actually wait until I get back from my holiday, which is all of three weeks away. I'm so excited! I've started hoping that my call comes after my holiday week now because I really, really want to get away for a bit of peace and quite from everything. The weekend after I return will be just perfect.

I got my results back from the Warfarin clinic and have a seven week reprieve until the next test. My INR has been stable since May so I wasn't really expecting anything else. Hopefully by the time I have to go back my GP will have spoken to them and I'll be in and out like a shot.

Talking of shots, it's that time of year again when we start booking our flu jabs. That came around quickly I must say. Honestly my life is just one big stab fest!


Well unless something exciting happens this week, trust me it won't, more next weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment